Access DataCite DOI Fabrica: https://doi.datacite.org
DataCite DOI Fabrica is a one-stop service to find, create, manage, connect and track DOIs for your organization. DOI Registration Providers (Providers) use Fabrica to manage Client accounts and activities related to Digital Object Identifier (DOI) registration. Clients use Fabrica to create, register, store and manage DOIs and associated metadata. Users, with an account can view, create, register, and manage DOIs and associated metadata for their records.
DataCite DOI Fabrica homepage: https://doi.datacite.org/
Members support DataCite's data sharing mission and include data centers, libraries, government agencies, research universities and more. Members are the voting body of the organization. Membership is open to all organizations that share our data sharing mission. Members can also be Providers.
Providers (formerly allocating members) are DataCite members and work with Clients (data centers, stewards, libraries, archives, universities, publishers and research institutes) to use DataCite's DOI Registration Service, Fabrica.
Clients are associated with one provider and can manage their account and users, track usage, manage prefixes, and register and manage DOIs, and associated metadata. upload and update metadata and edit your account.
Relationship between members, providers, and clients
There are two main users for DataCite DOI Fabrica: 1) Providers and, 2) Clients that have an account with associated with DOI Fabrica Provider.
Providers can create new Clients, manage accounts, users, prefixes and track Clients' activities.
Clients can manage their account and users, track usage, manage prefixes, and register and manage DOIs, and associated metadata. upload and update metadata and edit your account.
The following describes the underlying DataCite DOI Fabrica structure:
- a DataCite Member can be a DOI Registration Provider (Provider)
- a Provider has one or many Clients
- a Provider manages their Clients through a DOI Fabrica Provider Account.
- Clients are separate entities and are defined as repositories, services and require a separate API token (username/password) to create and manage DOIs and accompanying metadata.
- a Client belongs to only one Provider
- a Client can have one or many DOIs, a DOI belongs to only one Client
- a DOI can have one or many metadata versions, a metadata version belongs to only one DOI
- a Client has one or many prefixes
- a prefix belongs to only one Provider and one Client
- a Client can have many prefixes and they must belong to the list of prefixes assigned to a Provider (As a best practice, DataCite encourages Providers to avoid shared prefixes between Clients. Test prefixes are an exceptio.)
To log into DOI Fabrica, click on the Sign in button on the right.
Click on your preferred sign-in option. You will be redirected to DataCite Profiles, log in or create an account.
Note: If you sign-in for the first time you will need to provide your ORCID iD for authentification. If you do not have an ORCID iD please register one here: https://orcid.org/register
If you are a Provider, see the documentation for DataCite DOI Fabrica Providers
If you are a Client, see the documentation for DataCite DOI Fabrica Clients
DataCite's Home Office
Would you like to know more?
If you have any questions, requests or ideas please contact us.